POLINOX Mounted Finishing Wheels Silicon Carbide - 6mm Shank - Surface Conditioning SiC PNZ
Choose the size and grit to suit your application.
The non-woven abrasive flaps are arranged radially with abrasive cloth interlayers. This flap structure permits an improved stock removal and produces a coarser finish.
SiC = Silicon carbide
POLINOX¨ mounted and unmounted grinding wheels are made out of non-woven nylon in which abrasive grit is embedded. The flexible open-cell structure of the non-woven material makes the tools very elastic and ensures cool grinding.
Due to the high flexibility of the non-woven material, the tool will not alter the surface geometry of the workpiece in any way. Different surface textures and roughness levels can be obtained by selecting from a range of grit sizes and tool designs.
- Cool grinding and low thermal load on the workpiece
- No clogging of the tool
- Producing matt and satin finishes on metals
- Cleaning of oxidized non-ferrous metals
- Seamless brush finishing of stainless steel (INOX)
- Surface roughening of plastics in preparation for adhesive bonding
- Surface adaptation of weld seams
Recommendations for use:
- POLINOX¨ mounted and unmounted grinding wheels achieve their best performance at a recommended cutting speed of 10Ð20 m/s. This provides an ideal compromise between stock removal, surface quality, thermal load on the workpiece and tool wear.
- Flexible shaft drives, electric and airpowered straight grinders can be used as tool drives.
- The maximum permitted peripheral speed is 32 m/s
- For safety reasons, it is imperative to remain within the stated maximum permitted rotational speed at all times