POLINOX Mounted Finishing Wheels Aluminium Oxide - 6mm Shank - Surface Conditioning PNR
Choose the size and grit to suit your application.
The non-woven abrasive is arranged in multiple axial layers. Since the individual layers are not interconnected, the abrasive surface adapts easily to different workpiece contours (e.g. in work on
profiles or pipes).
A = Aluminium oxide
POLINOX¨ mounted and unmounted grinding wheels are made out of non-woven nylon in which abrasive grit is embedded. The flexible open-cell structure of the non-woven material makes the tools very elastic and ensures cool grinding.
Due to the high flexibility of the non-woven material, the tool will not alter the surface geometry of the workpiece in any way. Different surface textures and roughness levels can be obtained by selecting from a range of grit sizes and tool designs.
- Cool grinding and low thermal load on the workpiece
- No clogging of the tool
- Producing matt and satin finishes on metals
- Cleaning of oxidized non-ferrous metals
- Seamless brush finishing of stainless steel (INOX)
- Surface roughening of plastics in preparation for adhesive bonding
- Surface adaptation of weld seams
Recommendations for use:
- POLINOX¨ mounted and unmounted grinding wheels achieve their best performance at a recommended cutting speed of 10Ð20 m/s. This provides an ideal compromise between stock removal, surface quality, thermal load on the workpiece and tool wear.
- Flexible shaft drives, electric and airpowered straight grinders can be used as tool drives.
- The maximum permitted peripheral speed is 32 m/s
- For safety reasons, it is imperative to remain within the stated maximum permitted rotational speed at all times