POLICAP Abrasive Cap Holders
Choose a holder shape to suit your application. Available in 3mm & 6mm shafts.
PFERD provides POLICAP¨ abrasive caps and cones with various
- abrasives and
- grit sizes.
POLICAP¨ tools have a seamless design and the entire tool surface can be used. Matching, reusable holders in various shapes are available for using abrasive caps and cones. The high degree of fitting accuracy between the components ensures that the abrasive caps and cones remain securely attached to the holder during use.
- Because of slots, the holder expands during use, guaranteeing that the abrasive cap/ cone is firmly clamped in place
- Good dimensional stability and excellent fine grinding thanks to a special manufacturing process
- Easy tool change
- Fine grinding in tool and mould construction
- Finishing on turbine blades after repair
- Feather edging of radii at transitions after milling frames in aircraft construction
- Fine grinding of hard-to-reach areas and bores
- Levelling of transitions in fitting and pump construction
Recommendations for use:
- Abrasive caps and cones can be mounted and removed by turning them slightly to the right
- Abrasive caps and cones are easier to replace when the holder is mounted on the tool drive
- Abrasive caps and cones achieve their best performance at a recommended cutting speed of 10Ð20 m/s
- The maximum permitted peripheral speed is 25 m/s
- For safety reasons, it is imperative to remain within the stated maximum permitted rotational speed at all times