PFERD - History
The company August Rüggeberg GmbH & Co. KG is a German abrasives tool manufacturer with head office based in Marienheide. Producing products under the PFERD brand name which means horse in German.
In 1799, Johan Caspar Rüggeberg started producing files and rasps in Rüggeberg . His son Johan Friedrich took over the hammer mill in the 19th century. In the course of industrialization, August Rüggeberg decided in 1897 to relocate the company to the Upper Austrian Marienheide. Together with his sons Alfred, Emil and Robert he founded the company August Rüggeberg.
PFERD a family-owned company with an amazing history spanning over 200 years is the principal brand for the development, production, support, and distribution of surface finishing and material cutting products. Tools that offer users maximum benefit and cost-effectiveness.
Its unlimited commitment to premium quality, reliability as a supplier, and its responsible use of resources all make PFERD a dependable and reliable trading partner that operates with sustainability in mind.
A Strong Brand & Powerful Performance
VERTRAU BLAU - Trust in the blue
August Rüggeberg GmbH & Co. KG
51709 Marienheide, GERMANY
Facts & Figures
Marienheide is a central location for administration, logistics, manufacturing, research, and development. There are manufacturing plants in the USA, Spain and South Africa. Five branches and a sales offices in Germany and 24 sales companies in international markets ensures a globally structured distribution.
- Sales: more than € 275 million (as of 2015) consolidated sales (consolidated).
- 1,850 employees worldwide, thereof 1,100 in Europe.
- 6 Manufacturing sites in Germany and abroad:
- Marienheide and Hermeskeil (Germany), Vitoria and Araia (Spain), Milwaukee (USA), Johannesburg (South Africa).
- 25 international distributors :
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Indonesia, Italy, Canada, Colombia, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, USA, and Vietnam.
- 5 sales offices and a sales office in Germany:
Achim, Berlin, Leipzig, Mannheim, Nuremberg, and Ratingen.
- Internationally efficient PFERD representations in over 100 countries on earth.
- Sales are made by trade partners and directly to industrial end-users and the professional trade. More than 200 PFERD customer advisors in the worldwide service support the PFERD customers in all important markets.