Flap Wheel - Unmounted Type - Aluminium Oxide FR 16530/25.4 A 80 Grit
The coated abrasive flaps are arranged radially around the tool axis in a fan-type configuration. Due to their flexibility, they adapt ideally to the contours of the workpiece. The abrasive grit is embedded in a resinoid bond on the strong, flexible backing cloth. Unmounted flap wheels are designated "Flap
Wheels" according to ISO 5429.
Recommendations for use:
- Unmounted flap wheels achieve their best performance at a recommended cutting speed of 15Ð30 m/s. This provides an ideal compromise between stock removal, surface quality, thermal load on the workpiece and tool wear.
- Flexible shafts, straight grinders and grinding blocks can be used as tool drives
- The drive power output required for tool drives is 1,000Ð1,500 watts
- Use grinding oil that is suitable for the material in order to significantly increase the tool life and the abrasive performance of the tools.
- High flexibility
- High stock removal due to the aggressive coated abrasive
- Carrier material wears off uniformly and without residue on the workpiece surface, meaning that sharp abrasive grain is exposed at all times
- Due to the special mounting system, the face of the unmounted flap wheels can be used to work very close to edges and in corners
- As a rule, unmounted flap wheels should be used with the appropriate clamping flanges
- The maximum permitted peripheral speed is determined as follows:
- Unmounted flap wheels = 50 m/s
- Unmounted flap wheels for angle grinders = 80 m/s
- For safety reasons, it is imperative to remain within the stated maximum permitted rotational speed at all times
Wheel Size mm:165 x 30