Felt Points 6mm Shank KEL Conical Shape
Choose the size to suit your application.
The conical shape with radius end KEL is mainly used for work on radii.
Felt points and wheels are significantly harder and less flexible than cloth rings or felt flap wheels and are therefore used where geometric shapes must be preserved exactly. To achieve this, diamond polishing pastes and polishing paste bars are generally used.
Cloth rings and felt flap wheels, in turn, are suitable for polishing highly contoured workpieces due to their flexibility. They are used in conjunction with polishing and grinding pastes.
- Even workpieces with complex geometry can be polished
- PFERD felt tools can be shaped as required
- Pre-polishing and high-gloss polishing of injection moulding tools for plastic parts
- High-gloss polishing of stainless steel (INOX) components
- Pre-polishing of fittings
- Polishing of tungsten carbide cutting blades
Recommendations for use:
- Felt tools achieve their best performance at a recommended cutting speed of 5Ð10 m/s.
This provides an ideal compromise between polishing performance, thermal load on the
workpiece and tool wear.
- When changing the polishing paste, the polishing tool must also be changed
- For safety reasons, it is imperative to remain within the stated maximum permitted rotational
speed at all times