Edge & Radius Burrs with Bearing Guide 6mm Shank - Tungsten Carbide
Tungsten carbide burrs with the EDGE cut have been developed specifically for defined work on edges. They are suitable for chamfering, deburring and edge breaking and rounding, and are mainly used in steel and aluminium construction.
The special design allows the burr to run directly along the edges, without damage to the workpiece. Thus, exact edge shapes can be created in a single-step operation Ð with either defined chamfers of 30¡ or 45¡, or to a defined radius of 3.0 mm. Among other things, rounding edges is a precautionary measure for anti-corrosion protection according to:
- ISO 12944-3
- ISO 8501-3
- SOLAS XII/6.3 (Ref. T4/3.01 MSC.1/Circ.1198)
- Special design for precise guidance
- Safe and comfortable to guide
- Create an exact edge shape with either defined chamfers of 30¡ or 45¡, or a defined radius of 3.0 mm in a single-step operation
- Rounding edges in preparation for the application of anti-corrosion coatings in shipbuilding, on crane systems and other steel constructions which are exposed to corrosion loading
- Chamfering in weld seam preparation for V-shaped seams (60¡, ISO 9692-1)
- Chamfering for edge breaking (45¡)
Recommendations for use:
- Use the burrs counter-rotationally. In order to produce a fine surface, finally pass them over the edges in the direction of the rotation.