Cast Iron - Special Application Mounted Points
Choose from a wide variety of R hardness cylindrcal mounted points. With one 40 x 63 mounted point that has a Q hardness and M12 threaded hole.
Special mounted points in hardness R for foundries are manufactured from grey silicon carbide and a specially developed vitrified bond. The combination of extremely hard, sharp abrasive grain and the special bond gives long tool life with tough, aggressive grinding. The hardness R for foundries is particularly suitable for general use and for grinding out metal contamination on grey and nodular cast iron at high cutting speeds.
- Very high abrasiveness and aggressiveness right from the outset
- High stock removal rate in combination with long tool life
- Supplied in practical and environmentally friendly industrial packaging
- Grinding out metal contamination on grey and nodular cast iron components
- Grinding of sand contamination and sand deposits on cast components
Recommendations for use:
- Mounted points of hardness R achieve their best performance at a cutting speed of 30 to 50 m/s
- Flexible shafts, electric grinders and airpowered straight grinders are suitable as tool drives