ALUMASTER High Speed Disc HSD-F 115/125 ALUMASTER
The innovative ALUMASTER¨ High Speed Disc is a unique tool with an extremely high stock removal performance, which was specially developed for use on angle grinders. The latest new development from PFERD is ideal for processing aluminium as it does not generate hazardous or explosive dust. The special design of the tool also guarantees maximum safety. It consists of ten specially developed tungsten carbide cutting inserts, which are fixed to the very light, but extremely robust GRP disc. The innovative geometry of the disc and the possibility of turning or replacing the cutting inserts when they are worn allow the very long and cost-effective use of this uniquely safe solution for processing aluminium.
- Extremely high stock removal performance
- Maintains the user's health as no hazardous or explosive dust is generated
- Maximum safety thanks to the innovative cut geometry and the integrated depth gauge
- Very light and still extremely robust tool thanks to the innovative GRP disc (weight similar to that of reinforced grinding wheels)
- Can be used on all standard angle grinders (dia. 115/125 mm)
- Can be used in almost any location as you do not need an extractor unit
- Extremely long tool life because of the innovative disc geometry as well as the specially developed turnable and replaceable tungsten carbide cutting inserts
- The tool does not clog up even on lubricating materials
- Cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to reinforced grinding wheels and flap wheels
Recommendations for use:
- For cost-effective use, preferrably use on air angle grinders with a power output of at least 1,000 watts or electric angle
grinders with a nominal power of at least 1,400Êwatts.
- Do not exert unnecessarily high force on the angle grinder: The ALUMASTER¨ High Speed Disc already works with low forces. The weight of the angle grinder is enough.
- Use the tool at an angle of 5Ð30¡, in special cases of up to 60¡.
- Avoid deep penetration. The milling disc is not a cutting tool.
- Process workpiece edges along and not against the workpiece edge.
- Do not decelarate the tool on the workpiece. The cutting inserts might break.
- Ship- and yacht building
- Construction of railway wagons
- Silo and tank construction
- Vehicle construction Application examples:
- Work on butt and fillet welds
- Work on edges/chamfering
- Modification of geometries
- The tool is designed for use on aluminium, wrought aluminium alloys and cast aluminium only.
- The flange nut has to be tightened with the appropriate tool, e.g. face wrench. Clamping systems which are tightened
without additional tools, i.e. only manually, by design are not permitted. Please refer to the Tool Manual, Catalogue 209, for suitable clamping nuts.
- Tighten the fastening screws of the cutting inserts with the torx wrench included. Alternatively, you can use a torque wrench with a tightening torque of 4 Nm.
- Loose cutting inserts might break during use. Therefore, check whether they are attached securely on a regular basis.
- Do not use damaged cutting inserts! They might break!
- Only use original accessories from PFERD.
Technical customer support - If you have any questions our sales representatives and technical advisors will be happy to help or where possible visit you. PFERD works alongside you to provide application engineering solutions for working with diverse materials. Please refer to the below product data sheet for more information or call PFERD Australia 1300 073 373 or email email@example.com
Size: 115 / 125mm